Saturday, January 31, 2015

How To: Target Cartwheel

Sharing

Background

Welcome to another How To from me. This time, I'm going to talk about Target and a savings program they have called Target Cartwheel. Now, I personally love Target. It's a great store, good variety of items, more high end and nicer than Walmart, yet there are always deals to be found. Target has a lot of good sales going on that can be combined with coupons making it a great place to gets things for cheap or for free. So what is this Cartwheel that I speak of? It's a savings program that gives an extra percentage off certain products. It may be as low as 5% off but I've seen 50% and possible even 75-80% off an item before. If you're shopping and decide to by an Up & Up product or Archer's Farm product (which are the names of the Target store brand items) then you are actually guaranteed at least another 5% off the in store price. Store brands are already cheaper than normal. Cartwheel now allows you to save even more!

Methods
  1. Online or App - First thing you should do is decide if you want to do this via the online website or via it's mobile app (available for Apple and Android products.) What I personally recommend is to get the app. This is because I often don't plan on purchasing a product until I'm actually at the store. Let's say I see aluminum foil on sale and realizes that I'm actual running low. That's when I can pull out my mobile device, look the item up in my app, and add it to my Cartwheel. If you're worried about data usage, no need. Target has free wifi service and it's not too shabby either. It's slow if you want to surf the web, but plenty speed for Cartwheel to run. Sure, you can use it online, but you'd have to add all your deals before you head to the store and you could miss out on a lot of savings.
  2. Get Bar Code Ready - If you use Cartwheel via your computer, you will have to print out the bar code associated with your account on a piece of paper before you go to the store. The cashier has to be able to scan it in order for you savings to go through. If you are using the app, you can just pull it up on your device and have the cashier scan the bar code right off your device. (Another reason why I advocate the app; it saves paper and ink too!)
  3. Forgot to scan it? - Let's say you forgot to bring up Cartwheel during your purchase cause you were too overwhelmed by all your coupons. No need to fret! Target has a great coupon policy. If you forgot to ring up a coupon or your Cartwheel, just head over to the customer service desk at the front of the store with your items and receipt and let them know you forgot. If you forgot a coupon, they'll make sure it works first, then give you the worth of the coupon in cash. If you forgot to use Cartwheel, they will calculate the percentage and give the savings back to you in cash. Another reason why I love Target; so hassle-free.
Conclusion

I will be posting deals on the site that will sometimes require the use of the Target Cartwheel savings program so make sure you get it. It doesn't matter if you sign up with Facebook, your Google account, or make a brand new Target account to use it, just get it. This is a must have for any Target customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your favorite part of the site?

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *