Friday, January 16, 2015

About OhSoDealicious

Sharing

I have been couponing and entering sweepstakes for a few years now. Not only do I get to save a bunch of money, I get to have fun at the same time. It has become a hobby for me. 

It all started when I was an undergrad at UC Davis. My friend that I shared an apartment with at the time was getting boxes of stuff in the mail. She told me that they were samples and that she was getting them for free. She told me about a site that I could go on to sign up for free samples, and so I did. I loved the idea of getting useful things in the mail for free. As I got more and more into getting these free samples through various websites, I stumbled upon the concept of couponing. That opened up a whole new world for me as I could now get even more things for free. It was exhilarating to go to a store and buy things for a fraction of their original cost. I was going to have to buy the item anyways, why not save some money right? One day, one of the couponing websites that I was following listed a giveaway. I thought to myself "sure, why not?" and entered. I thought I would have no chance in winning. But a few days later, I got a surprise in my email. I had won a brand new Keurig machine! I wasn't sure if I had really actually won something, but a few days later, a big box showed up at my door and sure enough it was a brand new Keurig. I was amazed. Couponing was great but I was only able to get small items like toothpaste, shampoo, and food products. Here I was now: getting something worth $100 for free. These days I sign up for freebies, I coupon, and I enter sweepstakes almost daily.

As much as I am thankful for these couponing websites on the interweb, I realize that I spent a lot of time going through deals that just don't apply to me. All these sites were pretty much focused on stay-at-home moms and that just doesn't apply to someone like me. I am not a mother yet; I am a student/young professional just trying to save some money. I don’t need things like diapers or shoes for kids, nor do I need camping equipment or magazine subscriptions. Sometimes, the deals I find don’t even work in California. So I decided to start a blog that's tailored to people like me, to share what I have learned so that I can help fellow students/young professionals save money. What I do is find useful, applicable deals and outline them so that anyone who reads it can understand exactly what the deal is. I'll tell you where to go, what coupons to get, give you tips and tricks, and show you how the numbers all add up. So please enjoy the site and I hope that you will be able to benefit from this blog of mine.

Sincerely, 
Lily from OhSoDealicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your favorite part of the site?

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *